1. Spring is here! It feels so fantastic outside.
2. I went on a run this morning.
3. Last night I had so much fun driving around and stargazing on the golf course with two of my best friends.
4. Yesterday I touched a dead fish! Ah man, it was nasty.
5. The song “Horchata” by Vampire Weekend has been stuck in my head for while… and my friends and I have been singing it over and over again like crazy. haha.
6. Wreck-It Ralph is such a cute movie.
7. I don’t know if I could say enough times how much I love my friends and the good influence they all are in my life.
8. There are only 36 school days until summer!! And no school this week cause it’s Spring Break!
9. I love sitting out on my front porch to have time to myself to think about stuff.
10. I don’t know if anything could make me happier than I am today. ♥
Everyone has their own flaws and imperfections… But what of it? Why do people make such a huge deal about it? We all mess up, and we all know we all mess up. Why do some people end up hating each other over a little mistake? It shouldn’t be that way… Everyone in this life wants to be happy. So why can’t we all work towards that goal together, instead of tearing each other down? Why can’t we just forgive, and learn, and be friends?
Speaking of friends… Friends especially shouldn’t put each other down and point out each other’s flaws. We’re friends for goodness sake! In this time in life, during high school, I know that I have been trying my hardest to be a good person, and I’m sure my friends are trying just as hard. It hurts me so bad when one of my friends talks about something they don’t like about one of my other friends. It just doesn’t feel good. We’re friends; we’re supposed to work together and help each other be the best we can be. And causing problems by talking about things that may not even be true about one of your friends doesn’t help anyone at all.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shared this quote in one of his talks: “Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.” If you’re reading this, could you just think about this for a moment? …Everyone sins. Some sins may be more noticeable than other sins, but still, sins are sins. Sometimes people see those sins that we commit, and even if we’ve repented and gotten over it ourselves, they can’t seem to let it go. Maybe they can only see that bad thing you did or are doing, and they only focus on that and not the good things about you. I, for one, know that I need to work on seeing the good in others… and also in myself.
We start with repentance, and forgiveness. Repent for the wrong things you have done, and forgive those who have done wrong to you. We’re all living this life, and life is hard, so we shouldn’t make it any harder by holding grudges or being rude to others. Jesus Christ said, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you” (John 15:12). If we want to be like Christ, we should love everyone, and help others around us to be like Him. We all mess up, so why not help each other? We don’t have to be alone in this. God is with us. The Savior is with us. And hopefully the people that we care about are with us too.
Hugs. I love hugs. I’m not talking about those quick hello/goodbye hugs, I’m talking about real hugs—the hugs that mean something. I don’t know why I felt like I should write about this, but I’ve thought about it this past week. It’s just one simple sentence: I am thankful for hugs.
It’s those hugs that I get from my grandpa; every time he hugs me, he whispers that he loves me. The hug I got from my uncle’s mom at his funeral. That long hug I gave one of my friends, when I felt her shake with sobs, when I told her through our tears how strong she was and how much I loved her. It’s all of the hugs given around the campfire at Girls Camp during testimony meeting. Those unexpected hugs that come out of nowhere from one of my good friends. The long hug I gave my best friend as she cried over the boy that broke her heart. Those exciting, happy hugs I gave my friends after not seeing them for a long time. The hug I got last year on my birthday from one of my favorite seniors. The hug from my sister that summer night when I came home crying, hurt and confused. The hugs I wished would never end, cause I cared about that person that much. Those hugs that gave me butterflies when I was about to let go, but he pulled me back in and hugged me tighter. It’s the hugs on the sidewalk, when he spun me around. That hug in the snow; snowflakes stuck to our hair and clothes as we held each other. Those hugs that linger on maybe a little longer than they should. That hug from my brother after I performed a song that I was really nervous about. Those hugs I get from my parents when they say they’re proud of me. The multiple hugs I gave my two friends as we said goodbye and wiped the tears from each other’s eyes. It’s the hugs from my church leaders when I feel like they understand what I’m going through. That sad hug that almost made me cry when I realized it would be the last time, when I wished I could have stopped time. And the hug from a little girl I’ve never spoken to; she saw me crying and wrapped her little arms around my leg and then held my hand and smiled up at me.
It’s those hugs that I remember, and it’s those hugs in those moments that matter. I’m thankful for those moments, and for those people…
I love hugs.
1. It’s Friday. Seriously, all I live for is the weekend.
2. The assembly at school today was actually really, really fun.
3. In exactly two months, I’ll be able to get my driver’s license.
4. A couple of my friends and I made Harry Potter sweatshirts today. I discovered that I like to paint.
5. Board games and card games are fun to play, you just have to have the right attitude.
6. I love my fellow class officers in Student Government. We’re all so different, but in a way I feel like we’re all really close. It’s cool.
7. Smiles are beautiful.
8. Girl Scout cookies are delicious.
9. I really like being at my best friend’s house. I love her family, and all of her food. haha. We always have good times there.
10. I am very thankful for my bed. I can’t wait to go to sleep.