Obviously I’m really creative cause my last three blog posts have just been pictures and explanations of them… I don’t have much time for anything else. But.. enjoy!
1. This photo is too cute… haha! This is Cody, Kenz, Aneisa, me, & Regis before the football game messing around with Elysa’s camera. Notice how someone decorated our hallway? It’s awesome!
2. Cody is a cool kid. Elysa & I respect him so much! He’s so funny and is so nice to everyone and we love it. Elysa & I actually went with Cody to his house in Nephi on Sunday and it was really cool! His family is super nice and way good at cooking. ;) It was nice having a change of scenery from Ephraim but staying with the same people… ya know?
3. Aneisa is AWESOME. She loves cute photos and she loves me too so it’s a win-win. ;) This picture is from our drive up the canyon with Cody & Regis.
4. Me & Kels before the homecoming dance. (Did I mention this week was homecoming week?) She was so so excited for her date and it was so cute! Aneisa lent me her fabulous dress cause Kelsie & Elysa were borrowing mine. I love my sister, she’s got the greatest smile!5. We went on a Frazil Run (drove all the way to Manti) at like 11 at night. It was super fun and reminded me a lot of home! I love frazils. :) Being able to start the tradition down here with my new friends is super exciting. New place, new memories. But still a bit of home.6. FAM. Yes, we purposely wore matching shirts for this photo. And isn’t it great? The football game was SO HOT though. I wasn’t feeling as cute as I did in this picture by that point in the day. ;) 7. Up in the canyon again. Regis wanted to take some “date” photos. About 50 takes later and this is what we got! haha8. On Sunday, Josh facetimed me!! My family that lives in Colorado went to visit him (Grandma and Allie’s family–that’s actually Tanner standing behind Josh in the screenshot). They were so excited! haha But I mostly talked Josh and I loved that. Even if things were different and he was still at BYU, I like to think that I would call him up or text him every now and then to tell him about my life, just like I did in high school. He’s such a great friend and I’m so so grateful for his positivity and kindness. He’s the best.9. The homecoming dance was CRAZY. It played upbeat music the entire time and so for the whole dance we were bouncing and going nuts! It was SO HOT and we were all so sweaty but hey it was a good time! I’m glad I got to go with all of these kids. Love love love my “fam”. :)10. Sunday Drive with Regis, and turns out I knew where this lake was all along, I’d just forgotten… hahaha And the whole reason we kept going up the canyon this week was to find it! That was a funny moment when we figured out that I actually knew this lake existed. We skipped rocks and talked about our lives… Regis’ record was nine skips, mine was six (which I was SO excited about). Grateful that he’s my new friend!
1. We LOVE our roommates!!! Kenzie just got her mission call to France! We are so proud and so excited for her!
2. My mom and dad are my heroes. Dad makes me laugh and Mom gives the BEST advice in the world. I love them so much. Being away makes me appreciate them even more. It made my heart hurt a little bit when Dad stood in the middle of the road and waved goodbye until he couldn’t see us anymore when Kels & I were leaving Lewiston on Labor Day to go back to school. I really have the best parents.
3. Connor is and always will be the most important boy in my life. The best thing about it is that I’ve got him forever no matter what. And I am SO grateful for that!! I love him and miss him more than anything.
4. Josh asked me to come visit him and that was truly a blessing to be able to get to see him. I brought him this ring that he made me back in sophomore year that I kept forever. But yeah so when I visited I just told him all about college and it was so fun to chat and just be myself and be able to talk to someone without them getting mad or interjecting… haha Josh is a great friend…
5. Meet our friend Cody… he’s had staples in his head and has fractured his hip all in two weeks and still keeps us laughing. What a champ. haha!
6. Forever and ever grateful for my very best friend Elysa. We are super cute so that just adds to the amount of love I have for us.
7. This picture is from my third visit with Josh, the night before he went to Colorado actually. It was super awesome getting to see him again and he was so upbeat and positive I couldn’t help but feel it too! I love this kid so so much. He has helped me in so many ways, especially during our senior year. He’s amazing.
8. What do you do when you don’t have plans? Steal Cody’s hat and take photos by the gravitee wall that’s what. hahaha These girls are so much fun. :)
9. This is my FAM. We really call each other that… haha It’s so fun having them around to hang out with! From left to right: Regis, Kenz, me, Aneisa, Elysa, and Cody. I love love these friends! Hopefully they stick around a while.
10. Forever my favorite girls. We’ve lived together for a month and we know basically everything about each other already and I absolutely love it. :)
I said the other night that God likes to mess with us and throw us curve balls. Well after thinking more about that, I think that what I said is wrong. God should never be and never has been our enemy! These bad things that happen to us are not because of God, it’s only because we live in a fallen world. Heavenly Father didn’t plan for us to be struggling with certain things, He didn’t plan for Kelsey to have to postpone her mission, He didn’t plan for Josh to lose all feeling below his chest and be told that he might not walk again, He didn’t plan for my uncle to commit suicide. He doesn’t plan that. It’s like if He stopped people from making bad decisions; He can’t stop bad things from happening. So it’s His plan to BE THERE. He’s there when the bad things happen. He’s there to lift and to heal and to comfort and to help because He is OUR GOD. Our God wouldn’t send us these horrible trials on purpose because He does love us and want the best for us. Do our parents ever purposely make us go through really hard things? No. The hard things come first, and the people around us help us to cope, and they always want the BEST for us. Of course our trials can make us stronger, but no one plans for bad things to happen. God loves us and doesn’t want us to suffer, but He knows that pain and sorrow in this life is inevitable and that is why He sent His Son to this earth so that we can feel comfort and know that WE ARE NOT ALONE. God is not the cause of our trials, but rather the remedy of them. If we realize that, we’ll be a lot better off. I’ve found myself blaming God and being mad at Him when really I should be turning to Him and asking Him for comfort when I’m feeling sad instead of pushing Him away out of frustration. I’ve been so wrong. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy! Life is hard, and God wants to be there every step of the way. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”